Part of the stretch of the Grand Union from Foxton Flight, a series of ten locks, and Norton Junction passes through the Parish of Winwick. Survyed by James Barnes and Thomas Telford, this stretch was opened on August 9th, 1814.
It is crossed by three bridges within the Winwick Parish boundary:
Darker's Bridge (Bridge No 23) at Grange Farm, Smart's Bridge (Bridge No 24) and Chester's Bridge (Bridge No 25). All these bridges are listed.